a School Garden! The Fairview community
has been working hard over Winter and early Spring to make our school garden a reality. Goals for the garden include:
- Opportunity to educate students about
vegetable, herb and fruit gardens and provide hands on experience.
- Improve the grounds around Fairview
by using a previously overgrown and unused part of the property (behind the
- Support delivery of curriculum in the
garden – math, health, science, literacy.
would not have been possible without the superb support we received from the
Fairview community and from local businesses.
Please consider supporting these businesses to show our gratitude. If you would like to donate items, please
check our Sponsors and Donors page for more information.
- 6-7 raised beds growing seasonal
herbs, vegetables & fruit
- composter, using waste from the school
- rain barrel to promote conservation
- no pesticides – we will support
- containers for experimental growing
- happy students!
We are all very excited
about the garden and the possibilities are endless. If you’d like to learn more or get involved
please contact the garden committee.